Over the years we have hosted many events here at Sweet Berry Farm. We like seeing how the tents and décor blend so well with the farm setting and personify rustic elegance. We think our little farm is a pretty ideal venue for a dream wedding. The backdrop of sloping fields and orchards adds an extra touch of romance to your big day.
Many of our brides and grooms have told us that they chose to have their weddings at our farm because there is no need to decorate. The natural setting serves as the décor. Our post-and-beam barn with a field stone fireplace provides a distinctive backdrop. There is no need to add flowers to the wedding arbor when you’re surrounded by peach trees on one side and apple orchards on the other.
You can build an even deeper connection to this natural landscape by making environmentally-friendly choices your guests will appreciate. You’re helping to sustain the viability of farms and preserve open space simply by having your event at Sweet Berry Farm. How about taking it a step further? Here are 5 more ways to “go green” for the wedding of your dreams, right here at Sweet Berry Farm.
1. Swap paper invites for e-vites. In a highly digital world, it is not considered a faux pas to extend an invitation to your guests via email. The goal is to welcome them to be part of a special event in your life, and that will come across no matter which format you choose. Because e-vites are becoming more popular, there are many designs to choose from. You can even customize the look of the digital envelope and stamp to match your theme.
2. Swap paper place cards with a chalkboard. In lieu of traditional paper seating cards, create a seating chalkboard to display the guests’ names and table numbers. You could also include information about specialty drinks, your wedding hashtag for guests to add to social media posts, or the order of events. Recycling old windowpanes and writing details on each glass pane is another great paperless option.
3. Choose local vendors, for food, flowers, and just about everything. Partner with local producers to help fuel the local economy. It also ensures freshness and a personal connection to the people helping with important details for your special day. Keeping it local also helps to reduce your carbon footprint. Having both your ceremony and reception at the farm eliminates the need for travel in between. Serving our homemade pies, ice cream, and other items from our Farm Market gives your menu a farm-to-table feel.
4. Edible centerpieces. Instead of traditional flowers arrangements at the center of each table, use what is farm fresh and in season. Incorporate gourds and pumpkins, or consider a centerpiece composed of apples and peaches grown right here on the farm. You can even use fresh options as favors or prizes for your guests to take home.
5. Be mindful with favors. Think about it: little tokens of gratitude are usually shared with bridal shower guests, the bridal party at the wedding rehearsal, and wedding guests on the wedding day. Swap some (or all) of these with an eco-friendly option. Consider something that can be planted and grown, or a sweet treat to eat without leaving a wrapper behind. Or choose an organization close to your heart and make a donation in honor of your guests.
Have fun with the planning process and enjoy your big day! Congrats from all of us at Sweet Berry Farm.